About this Event
Join us for our 4th annual Cultural Awareness Week cohosted by APAMSA, LMSA, UndocuMed, Black Men in White Coats, PRIDE Alliance, Arab Health Organization, Persian Medical Society & the Medical Spanish Interest Group.
ALL EVENTS ARE IN PERSON
Monday, January 23
- 12-1PM: AAPI issues in healthcare by APAMSA
- 5-6:30 pm: How to be advocates and allies for Latinx and undocumented patients during clerkship year by LMSA and UndocuMed
Tuesday, January 24
- 12-1pm: BMWC Documentary: Exploring why less than 3% of American doctors are Black Men and what that means for society by Black Men in White Coats
Wednesday, January 25
- 12-1pm: Combating misinformation in Healthcare against the transgender community by PRIDE Alliance
- 5- 6:30pm: Middle Eastern & North African Cultural Event by the Arab Health Organization and the Persian Medical Society
Thursday, January 26
- 12-1 pm: Caring for Indigenous Patients and Communities by Anthony Fleg, MD & Sydnie Pino
- 5-6:30pm : Impact of Patient-Physician Language Concordance of Heath Care Delivery by the Medical Spanish Interest Group
Refreshments will be provided to those who RSVP. Contact Mel Bonilla with questions or further accomodations regarding this educational event.
*Schedule is subject to change.